Friday, March 9, 2007

The HEBBAL Odyssey...!!!

All good things come to an end, they say...pretty soon too was my learning. Well this "learning" happened when my shifted office to a place called Hebbal. It was the hard way as usual. It was inevitable, i would agree, but that joy we got in postponing the ordeal gave me a joy which can only be compared to pressing the SNOOZE button on your alarm only to be bugged five minutes later. After all...who doesn't love to procrastinate??? ;).

Anyways there it was... that 'fine' day, when I had to eventually give in to the tryst of destiny. Mentally prepared for the day, I woke up early (a little too early by my standards..;))..had to go to a place 2kms away from my place for the first pickup..determined not to miss the very first time. An hour of reading and sleeping went by before I reached. The place was miles away from civilisation..hardly qualifies to be called Bangalore. A great place to keep an office...i was convinced that it was part of some corporate conspiracy to keep the employees in office for obvious reasons. Some sort of a Kalapani or the Alcatraz. All that you could see outside was the OUTER RING ROAD looming large!!!. I updated my gtalk status as "Incarcerated in Hebbal!!!", which brought in a flurry of comments from many of my friends...All of them were unanimous in appreciating the aptness of the same.

Adding to the misery was the fact that there was no known food outlets anywhere nearby..forcing me to have food from the cafeteria which wud have the same taste for all the curries no matter what they name it. And as always i had gone there a little late, and as i coming to have food, i saw the guy who was serving hiding some chapatis in some place. I was there all hungry and asked the guy for chapatis. He replied "No chapatis, sir, closed for today". I was furious and saw the contractor nearby and told him abt it and resolved the issue and sat down with the pride of having achieved something. Only later would I come to know that they were better left with the guy and felt sorry for both me and the guy.

There was more to the day that made it miserable for me. This time I had to collect my bus pass from another block of my company which was a km further into the campus. I missed the shuttle service while returning and waited for some cab that was going empty to my office. It was like them playing boss...Oh Boy!!! none of them stopped for me and I had to walk all the way back. I was so pissed off swearing at anything and everything.

Well somehow managed to finish off the day's work...and reached home after another tortuous journey. And after coming home i was too tired to anything..after some time of TV, dropped dead on my bed...with nothing to look forward to. I was too tired to have nightmares even. Then I called that a day...

4 comments:

Bullshee said...

Post more!
Incarcerated in Hebbal is indeed a nice touch!! He he.... I, at EGL however, do not have to feel its bite!

Unknown said...

Iraqile ennapaaadam pole athivishaalamaayi kidakkunnaa Hebbal njaanum kandu....

Waiting for my turn!

raghav said...

dei .. post more frequently dude .. i keep visiting and have to turn bak without any new gyan on wats happ .. :)

and hey wen do i get the sweets ??

kochi chick said...

so that really was a bad day for ya..many of us hav such high dreams abt r workplace..that it wil turn out to b a 5 star hotel n blah..half these come tru..but yet v move on thinkin, better days r yet to come....